Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reading Survey ENGL 104

I like to read things that are real "feel good" stories. Real life sorties of inspiration and success. I love stories where someone overcame great obstacles, where the underdog wins. Some of my favorite books are, "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren, "The Scarlet Tread" or anything by Francine Rivers. Also, I like a few Ann Rule books. I  like self help books. I feel like there is enough hurt, pain and drama in the world so I don't like drama, or anything like that. I asked a few people what they like to read and why. Here is what that said:

Friend #1: I like to read inspirational true stories... Because I love them! And I have enough drama at work, I don't need to read about it! I hate to sound cliche, but Eat, Pray, Love is one of my favorites... Another book that I love which is fictional but short and oh-so-sweet is The Giver... You would love it!

Friend #2: I like to read because it is like an out of body experience. It takes me to a difference place and I stay there sometimes even after I finish the book. I really get caught up in what I read.

Former student of mine #1: I like to read intense books. Ones that can keep you guess. Because other books I get lost and bored with, but with intense books your always on the edge of your seat.

Former student of mine #2: Action books. There well scripted. And tons of details to picture it in your head. My favorite author is Daniel Defoe.

Thank you all for your help! It's fun to see what different people like to read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment