Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blog 18--Quote Response to Othello Acts I and II

"Iago: Though I do hate him as I do hell pains," (Othello, I,i,155)

"hell pains" are the words that grab my soul. Hell pains? Wow! Well, that is an awful deep hate. I think this line lept out at me because it is such a good example of just how deep Iago's hatred is for this man.
The play is hard for me to read because it is almost like reading a different language. However, I can feel that this type of writing is very passionate. I'm not sure if people even spoke like this. Did they? Or if it was just for Shakespearean plays, but people sure don't talk this way anymore. I feel like plays are a dying art. I was in a few play in high school but now a days programs like Art/Drama/Music are the first to get cut out of the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment